Friday, November 7, 2014

Thanksgiving Pennant Banner

Quick "Thanks" Banner

Yesterday I had a young girl from our community come over. She comes each week for lunch and we have a good time visiting and discussing various topics that she's working on. 

This week I wanted to focus on having an attitude of gratitude. She's going through a lot of struggles right now and with Thanksgiving coming up I thought it would be appropriate to try to focus on being positive through our trials. 

We listened to the most uplifting talk by Dieter F. Uchtodorf titled Grateful In Any Circumstances while we put together this quick craft. 

Easy How To:

Start with a non-fraying fabric.
Cut a quick triangle to pattern out of paper. 
Lay this pattern on top of the fabric and cut 6 triangles. (If your material doesn't have a set pattern printed on it you can alternate your triangles 1 up 1 down to get the most triangles cut from your strip of fabric.)
You can use ordinary acrylic craft paint, washable paint or even a sharpie marker to make your letters. 
 Have fun with your letter font!
Yup, that's me wearing flip flops in November. It may be freezing outside, but this Arizona girl just can't help it!
Sew a ribbon, piece of ric rac, or bias tape along the top edge of the pennants, make sure you have enough excess ribbon on each side so you can hang it up.  
Embellish your banner any way you want! I made a tulle bow for each side.

Start with a rectangle shape aproximately 12 x 4 inches.
 Fold in half.
 Then fold in half again.
 Cut the folds so now you have 4 small rectangles of equal size.
Accordion fold these four squares.
 Tie in center with ribbon.
Use the pieces of ribbon left over from above knot to attach tulle to the ribbon you sewed along the top of the banner earlier.
 Now piece apart bow by separating and fluffing each individual piece of tulle for a full bow.
 Make a bow for the other side too then hang.
I found some cute decorative leaves in my holiday box that I added to it.

I love it! My husband said green isn't a Thanksgiving color. But I don't like to decorate with reds and oranges for some reason so it works for me! And it's the perfect reminder for me and my young friend to give thanks and be Grateful in any Circumstances!

Give thanks {free printable}
Source


Grateful in Any Circumstances - general-conference --- This might be my favorite talk ever! What a beautiful way to live every day<3
Watch or listen to this talk

No comments:

Post a Comment